Our Roof Cleaning services are sure to leave you speechless when we are done cleaning your roof. First, many pressure washers will not touch roofs. This is mainly because they know their pressure washer can do some serious damage to your roof and don’t want to shell out thousands of dollars on a costly mistake. At Tampa Pressure Washing we are happy and confident to take on your most daunting Roof cleaning task because of our “Safe, No damage” process.
The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association recommends that low pressure be used along with proper cleaning solutions in order to properly clean your roof without causing serious damage to your roof. High pressure deteriorates the protective components of your roof. For example, it is highly recommended to avoid using any pressure on an asphalt shingle roof because it can result in severe granule loss.
Here are a few benefits of our Safe, No-Pressure Roof cleaning:
– Improve Curb Appeal: This is really the major one that most people enjoy when owning a home. It’s nice to look at your house from a distance and see a fresh, new looking home in amazing condition as well as having neighbors thinking the same
– Remove Harmful Contaminants: Removing mold, algae, moss, mildew, black streaks (most commonly formed by a Green Algae called Gloeocapsa Magma that is spread by airborne spores) is not only good for the roof itself but can also help your family’s health. These harmful allergens can cause allergies, illness and in some very extreme circumstances, death. Florida has one of the highest concentration of these types of contaminants that form
– Increase Property Value: If you are selling your home, applying for a home equity loan or having your property appraised your appearance can help increase the value of your property. Imagine if you were looking for a new home and narrowed it down to 2 homes and one has a beautiful looking exterior including a nice, clean roof (you may even think the roof is new or recently replaced) Vs. another comparable home with a dirty, nasty roof. You would probably put at least some emphasis into the roof appearance.
– Lower Utility Bills: Above, we mentioned the harmful contaminants that can form on your roof. Did you also know that those same things can also make your utility bills higher? The black color of the algae prevents the roof from reflecting the radiant heat from the sun. This raises the temperature in your attic and your home & can increase your utility bills just from this one little thing alone which is especially true here in Florida.
– Extend Roof Life: We mentioned the harmful contaminants that can collect on your roof but did we mention that they can also cause permanent roof damage? See, the mold, algae, moss and mildew can actually decay the protecting assets of your roofing materials like asphalt shingles and clay tiles. It can eat away at the roof shingles or tiles then penetrate the vulnerable areas of the roof (under the tiles or shingles) which is where most leaks begin.
SOME RECENT ROOF CLEANING JOBS:
Our process of cleaning roofs allows us to properly clean it and kill mold, algae, mildew and other bacteria using a Low, Safe pressure to rinse the roof using a proven chemical formula that actually kills these contaminants at the spores instead of just washing them away off the surface and those same contaminants reappearing months later.
So, what you are left with is a beautiful looking restored roof without worrying about your roof taking a beating from high pressure. You also will be protecting one of the most costly components of your home, your roof, for years to come. Don’t take a chance with someone who does not know this and risk the rapid deterioration that WILL come from high pressure washing your roof.
Call us now for all your Roof cleaning needs!